Critique Welcomed Stooey Stretches...

Brian Moore

...while several of the other chaps warm up in various ways prior to one of our lunch time games of footy.

Yashica Electro 35 GSN and Arista EDU 400 film that I processed in Rodinal.

I'm really not sure why I like this, but I do. The placement of the various characters and objects is very satisfying (and I guess that is what prompted you to take it). What are the cones?
Thank you, Pete. Actually what prompted me to take the picture was that as I approached I said hi to Stooey and then snapped the fotie when he peeked back at me through his legs (perhaps you can just make out his forehead and eyes) and said hi back. The rest of the composition was just there. However, it seems satisfying to me, too, Pete, with the several characters dispersed as they are around the frame, and this is actually what prompted me to post the image.

The cones are used to define the no-go zone in front of the goals. In the picture they haven't been placed in position yet.

Thanks again, Pete!

The camera/process combination has produced a beautiful, almost velvety feel to the image Brian.
It is an image with good humour and everyone is nicely in position. Love his odd socks.

The camera/process combination has produced a beautiful, almost velvety feel to the image Brian.
It is an image with good humour and everyone is nicely in position. Love his odd socks.
Thanks a lot, Tom. (I think that's an ankle brace Stooey was wearing.)

Did I own one of those back in the 60's or was it a Minister III.?
I'm impressed, Brian, with many things. The shot, of course is a gem. Your timing, whether purposeful or subjective has served you well. Your enthusiasm for continuing to use last century technology is to be applauded.
You seem to use film quite a bit. Is that a thing with you?

Did I own one of those back in the 60's or was it a Minister III.?
I'm impressed, Brian, with many things. The shot, of course is a gem. Your timing, whether purposeful or subjective has served you well. Your enthusiasm for continuing to use last century technology is to be applauded.
You seem to use film quite a bit. Is that a thing with you?
Thank you very much, Tom. Yes, film is a thing with me. I shoot with a Canon 7D once in a while, but I don't get the same joy from it that I do with any of my film cameras.

Back