Critique Welcomed Of course I'm enjoying myself!

Peter Roberts

Olympus point and shoots seem to be like London buses round our way at the moment. Hot on the heels of the XA2 a couple of weeks ago and from the same charity shop came a Trip. It was a fraction of the ridiculous prices they fetch these days so it would have been rude to have walked away from it.
Running a film through it I couldn't resist a shot of this cheerful chappie waiting for the ride to start.

IMG_0012 (3) Reduced for RPF.jpg
Olympus Trip 35 / Kentmere 400 / Rodinal

Thanks, Stevenson.
I quite understand the problem of having several too many cameras. I must discipline myself into using mine in strict rotation.
Trouble is I do appreciate them for their intrinsic beauty - and some are beautiful - as well as their photographic capability.

Olympus point and shoots seem to be like London buses round our way at the moment. Hot on the heels of the XA2 a couple of weeks ago and from the same charity shop came a Trip. It was a fraction of the ridiculous prices they fetch these days so it would have been rude to have walked away from it.
Running a film through it I couldn't resist a shot of this cheerful chappie waiting for the ride to start.

View attachment 17905
Olympus Trip 35 / Kentmere 400 / Rodinal
I find it funny regarding his expression and as an adult on a merry-go-round. Nicely observed.

Hahaha! That hadn't occured to me.
In order to stop me overthinking too many sinister reasons for his being there I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that even gangsters have time off sometimes.

He's 8 yrs old again. Good shot, Peter, the stance, place and face of this fellow speak volumes!!
Thanks Julian.
I'm really starting to appreciate the joys of using a point and shoot for this sort of thing. Too much faffing about with something more sophisticated and the moment is lost.

Back