Summer Break

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
A few shots from our three-day visit to Berwick Upon Tweed and Alnmouth last week. I'd visit Alnmouth again, not so sure about Berwick. All Konica Hexar, XP2.

1. Lone Surfer - not very hopeful, considering the size of the waves...

Lone Surfer.jpg

2. Rhona noseying around the boats in Alnmouth harbour...

Rhona Boat.jpg

3. The Ferry Hut

The Ferry Hut.jpg

4. Said Ferry Hut

Hut.jpg

5. Late evening shot of the harbour. What you don't get was the incredible sound of birds, for many miles around in all directions. It was a special moment.

harbour1.jpg

6. Cloods!

cloods.jpg

7. Craas...

craas.jpg

8. What Crisis?

crisis.jpg

9. Hens and Chickens

Hen and Chickens.jpg

1o. "The Walls" - our BnB on the immediate left:

hotel.jpg

more...

11. Inside a wee kirk:

kirk.jpg

12. A Muckle Hoose

Muckle Hoose.jpg

13. Berwick View - it certainly has the feel of an auld Scottish toon...which it once was (and will be again!)

Tree and Hooses.jpg

14. The girls enjoying the view:

view.jpg

Blimey, what a great couple of sets.

That surfer doesn't need any waves. He'll just skim down the slope! ;)

Love the side view of the Ferry Hut and the harbour view. And the skyscape that follows.

The shot of the crows is brilliant.

The shadow on the side of the hotel is very intriguing. And I like the view along the walls very much.

Th Muckle house is the star of the second set though. Mind I like the addition to your folks on a hill series!

Thanks, Pete, except a :mad: for the slope comment! Brian warned me about your role as Chief Inspector Of The Horizontals.

It was good to finally get away from my usual haunts in and around Edinburgh.

My thoughts in the order they occurred to me:

1. I sure hope those terrible terrible people the Horizon Police don't view this set.
2. That's not Berwick or Alnmouth, that is Arabia, and that is no surfer, it is surely Sherif Ali.
3. Delightful portrait of Rhona
4. The Cloods are bonny, but ye better hope they awfy awfy folk the Horizon Police dinnae get a glimmer o' that wan.
5. Berwick will be ours again! o_O
6. I feel like I've watched a travel program.
7. Fine set, Rob!

That is a great set of pictures, like them all. The images of Alnmouth give a real sense of wide, open space; love the little Ferry Hut. Strange thing; the shots of Berwick look so much like a larger version of the town of St. Just, the last little town in Cornwall before the Atlantic.

Back