Swans

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
I went to feed the ducks, swans & geese at a local country park, it was a nice yet cold foggy day. O and i am petrified of swans........especially the 200+ that were heading my way as i gingerly tried to break some bread up in the bag to feed them.........!!

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0608SMALL.jpg

Lovey Ducks Aint They..........

IMG_0560SMALL.jpg

IMG_0567SMALL.jpg

Fighting Time........now to say this look viscous is an understatement........
IMG_0652SMALL.jpg

IMG_0646SMALL.jpg

IMG_0624SMALL.jpg

Me & Nephew Trying To Pose, 1.) i was panicking as my sister had my camera & 2.) i was very nervous of them dam nasty white swans that were still fighting as above...
IMG_0694SMALL.jpg

kyle my nephew looks petrified.........haha

had a right hard time with bright sunlight on swans.........good old cs4 helped me out there......

Daz

had a right hard time with bright sunlight on swans.........good old cs4 helped me out there......

Daz
Swans can be a bit tricky when it's a sunny day, I've lost count how many shots I've messed up by over exposing the swans:eek:.

You got some great shots of the fight there, did you use the 70-200mm???

cheers glen, i took about 30 pics of them fighting at various stages these were probably the best of the bunch.

Yes the "70-200mm F2.8 IS" yet again................if you can fall in love with a lens...........then i have done so truly madly deeply.......hahaha

Daz

I like the 2nd shot as you are drawn to the swans eye first. The others are good poses but having the eye in focus tends to really make animal shots. I find swans difficult to photograph well because they have small, dark beady eyes and large white bodies which makes it hard to get both exposed well. In the first shot anyone would think they were killer swans from Mars of something from the expression on your face.

Back