Taf Fechan Waterfall

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer

Taf Fechan Waterfall by Darren Turner, on Flickr

Taf Fechan Waterfall by Darren Turner, on Flickr

late last week i spent some time down in the Breacon Beacons national park with a friend i met online and have know for many years. We were on our long walk to a very very remote area around the Upper neaudd resevoir which is located at the lesser known area at the foot of the pen y fan mountain on route we came across this pretty looking waterfall in the Taf Fechan forest.

Thanks for looking

Darren

there are some lovely colours in those shots, the browns and greens.

how long are you shooting to get the water like that? (if you don't mind me asking)

there are some lovely colours in those shots, the browns and greens.

how long are you shooting to get the water like that? (if you don't mind me asking)

no i dont mind you asking at all, we are all here to try to help others if we can. ;)

Manual Mode
ISO 100
F22
4 Seconds Exposure
ND Filter (Cokin P Sqaure)
Tripod

play around with exposure time depending on speed of water flow (this was very fast flowing) and lighting conditions, using the ND filter allows a longer exposure in bright daylight condition's without blowing highlights to much

In PP all i did was boost saturation during raw conversion

Daz

Lovely shots Darren. love the colours..I tried a few months ago but did not use f22 and your results are cracking compared to mine.

Nice Daz, been watching your exploits with LP on FB still waiting to see the one of you on yer ar$e mind ;)

You have some great results well done

I got pic of her A$$ but that's another story hehehehehe

hey KK that rose tea light holder dooffer she got off you is awesome, she was showing me :)

yes i used F22 + ND filter to force a longer exposure Julian to show more movement in the water, i love these type of shots

There are many more waterfalls on the waterfall trail down in the beacons they are far more impressive than this, one of them you can actually walk behind & one has a cave behind, LP lives there and knows area like the back of her hand, cant wait for leaves to appear on trees then i can get my guided tour, its a fair few miles walk though into the bleak, remote wilderness, but no doubt well worth it.

should arrange a meet up down there if anyone is interested..................!!!

Daz

Last edited:
Hey Daz
I been down the 4 falls walk? I don't know ifthe ones you are talking about as it was spelt all funny like...........Ystadfellte been meaning to go back down sometime when there are fewer peeps there :)

Them are the ones KK if you look on Laurie's flickr she is the queen of photographing them :)

Your more than welcome to join us sometime KK, bit of a trek from your neck of the woods no doubt, its 120 miles from me lol, I usually stay over for a few nights in local hotel or TL

Daz

These are very nice Darren. The first has some nice warm colors and the second is a wonderful comp. actually they're both wonderful comps. The shutter speed you used was perfect for these falls. I think the second shot is my fav.

Lovely shot darren, better angle that was wasnt it, we wont only be doing the four waterfall trail, there is also another trail that starts from pontneddfechan, you visited Sgwd Gwladus before but there are many more falls further up the track, Sgwd Dwilli being one of them, a very picturesque waterfall which is well worth the extra walking, I also know of another 3 waterfall walks which maybe also be worth considering, all very scenic, just need some leaves on these trees now.

Lovely shots. No1 has the most dramatic falls but it's the orangey-brown leaves in No1 that give it the win for me :)

Brilliant, that first one is amazing Darren.
I really like it.

Back