mopwheel.jpeg.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 17
  • mop 2010 007.jpg
    mop 2010 007.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 30
  • mop 2 wheel.jpeg.jpg
    mop 2 wheel.jpeg.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 24
Love a good fair - I can almost smell the candyfloss and toffee apples in your pictures! :)

What sort of exposure times were you using to get the nice blur?

Every Xmas I promise my self I'm going to take some photos at the Victorian fair of the rides (never sure how rides are Victorian but never mind... ) but every year it comes round I turn into mr Scrooge and moan about how much I hate the fair and end up boycotting it ... One day I will!
Nice shots though, you must be brave taking a tripod in to the hoards of youths that inevitably surround such rides!

photo 1 18mm focal lenght f20 ISO 100 Exp 1 Sec
Photo 2 23mm focal lenght f22 ISO 100 Exp 1 Sec
Photo 3 18mm focal lenght f3.5 ISO 100 Exp 0.2 sec
Photo 4 55mm focal lenght f20 ISO 100 Exp 0.8 Sec
Photo 5 28mm focal lenght f10 ISO 100 Exp 0.8 Sec
All shot in Shutter Speed Priority
No problems with any youths as i had two of my own with me and i know a large number of them due to my rugby coaching

No problems with any youths as i had two of my own with me and i know a large number of them due to my rugby coaching

Aaaah ... thats cheating! ;)

well with that in mind, being as my missis is 23 weeks pregnant that gives me .... 17 weeks and 15 years before i will be comfortable setting up a tripod surrounded by youths :)

Ha ha my two are 16 (Shaun) and 17yrs old (Lauren)
Lauren is doing A level photography

Ha ha my two are 16 (Shaun) and 17yrs old (Lauren)
Lauren is doing A level photography

There's an A Level in Photography? Cool, didn't have that in my day :cool:

I always looked forward to the fair in my home town (Stamford Lincs)

It comes to town on Mothering Sunday each year, and takes over the town center for a week.

I used to be washing Dad's car, mowing the lawn, pulling weeds etc, just to get money for the rides and arcades.

Would love to get back there one day and get some decent pictures of the rides whizzing around between the beautiful old buildings.

Thanks to all for your comments

Back