Critique Welcomed The Balboa Island Ferry

Glad you did, Brian. Shooting between the cars and with the roofline behind produces some fabulous layers, but does not distract from the main subjects. Interesting.
Thanks a lot, Pete. After posting the image I grew a little anxious that I might be perceived as some kind of voyeur. But this was literally a snapshot, the opportunity noticed and the shot taken without a thought. On the other hand street photography is voyeurism, isn't it? Thanks again, Pete.

It didn't strike me as voyeuristic I must say (i wondered at one point if they were 'your girls' even. I finfdthe composition quite compelling fact; the gleaming smoothness of the car with its glinting golden tooth! that pitched rooftop and even the trace of cloud drawing the eye down to the young ladies. Even the floodlights get in on the act!

This is great Brian.
As other s have said, lots of great layering. I also very much like the details on the various bits of metalwork.
At this time of the year, I do envy you for all that light that you enjoyed down there.

This is great Brian.
As other s have said, lots of great layering. I also very much like the details on the various bits of metalwork.
At this time of the year, I do envy you for all that light that you enjoyed down there.
Thanks a lot, Chris. I must admit the light is very nice in Southern California all year. I've been in Washington State for a couple of years now and although we can't count on sunshine virtually every day, the light can be very special at certain times of the day. Thanks again, Chris.

Love it. My attention was brought to the seated girl’s legs in rhythm with the curves of the bike frame. Love that.
Thanks Rob. I never noticed that "rhythm" until you mentioned it but now I see how her posture compliments the curves of the bike's frame.

Back