Critique Welcomed The Broad Museum

Brian Moore

The Broad Museum is probably the latest landmark building to achieve iconic status in Los Angeles. (I say "probably" because the same year The Broad opened (2015) the Peterson Museum's new wrap-around steel facade was unveiled, and it makes for a pretty interesting look!)

The Broad is named for philanthropist Eli Broad (rhymes with "road").

I made the image with a Sigma SD Quattro.

Wow, that's a stunning building, though I'm not sure I like it. When inside, what view do you have out of those windows? I don't mean the single large oval, but the many other openings. In fact I'm not sure if they are windows at all. Really good photo, though, from a phine photographer! What's the building used for, Brian? Can you get inside?

Thanks a lot, Rob. (Your spelling is getting better by the day.:))

It is indeed a stunning building. Here's a link to a gallery of shots I made inside The Broad, including a couple that answer your question about the windows. Thanks again, Rob!

http://www.brianmoore-photography.com/p703021086

Thanks, Brian. As I thought, those windows offer a very restricted view, one which reminds me of arrow vents in old castles. I'm not saying I don't like them, and the building interior looks like a lot of fun too. I think I'll reserve judgement until I go there myself...which is not going to happen in this life or universe, sadly.

Good series, though, Brian. One which made me contemplate something other than what am I going to eat tonight!

Wow! That is one beautiful building, the exterior looks great, but the interiors are just amazing. Very well captured images too, great set. Is no. 3 one of Jeff Koons pieces? Saw an exhibiton of his work in London a couple of years ago, I was impressed.

Wow! That is one beautiful building, the exterior looks great, but the interiors are just amazing. Very well captured images too, great set. Is no. 3 one of Jeff Koons pieces? Saw an exhibiton of his work in London a couple of years ago, I was impressed.
Thank you Dave. Yes No. 3 is a Jeff Koons. I appreciate the comments, Dave.

Back