The Comuters

Vic Shaw

Taken in Kathmandu, I wanted the woman right of shot but this was missed when a tourist walked in front of the camera, so i kept shooting and got this. I actually think it works ok.(or maybe I;m just trying to convince myself)

_DSC3066as.jpg

Vic

It does work. Kind of reminds me of the back sleeve of Nick Drake's "Five Leaves Left" album.

Hi Vic,

I like the tone but I find that the two sets of movements makes it hard to work out where to look. It would have been fantastic if the bicycle had been coming into the shot from the right thus leading you to the slower moving (and thus less blurred) woman. You could turn it into separate, square cropped images. What do you think?

Kind Regards

I think your right Pete although I'm not sure if I would crop it. I will have to revisit and see what I can do.

I get Petes point, but I like it non the less ... In the context of the "commute" title the busyness reflects the idea of a rush hour... Or somthing like that :)

I actually like the tension created my the two subjects moving in opposite directions, at different speeds.

It says 'busy' to me :)

I like this too, also like the two subjects going in opposite directions, the lady being fully laden with belongings and I would imagine slow moving ,where on the otherhand the guy speeding past on his bike giving a sense of speed through the motion of the bike, gives a feeling of fast and slow paces of these two peoples lives

Thanks people, I did check last night quickly to see what the options were, and the shot posted is really the only option. The people that block the other shots are really close to the camera. So I will have to consider myself lucky to have this one and like it:)

Thanks people, I did check last night quickly to see what the options were, and the shot posted is really the only option. The people that block the other shots are really close to the camera. So I will have to consider myself lucky to have this one and like it:)

Wait! You missed this one:

VicsCommuters.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I did consider that for an option, although I'm not adverse to using the clone tool as both the people were in the wrong place I would have to move one and I don't think I would do that, that would be wrong ( for me anyway)

Well, it was a bit of fun. Hope you don't mind me playing with your stuff.

Grez not at all, mess away!

Larry, Thats good and looking at that and the original side by side it made me decide that I do actually like the original, as it does have a certain tension. I don't think I would be happy if I did some thing like this, I'm happy to clone things out but doing something as drastic as this just wouldn't sit right with me. I just have an excuse now to go there again, sit on the step and wait. Although you can bet your life next time I go the Moaist wont have called a country wide strike and there will be cars in the way this time!

Nice one Grez :D But I prefer the original

Frank

I'd like to see it with just the red person... There's somethinging about a person in a red coat... As long as it doesn't turn out to be a psyco italien dwarf!

Back