The Dog Who Stares at Rocks n' Stuff

Brian Moore

The Dog Who Stares at Rocks n' Stuff is Jan. She is a retired sheepdog--about 12 or 13 years old now I think--who belongs to a friend in Applecross. I believe the staring behavior is her way of exercising control over the rock or whatever it is she is staring at. Its as if she has stared down a sheep and has got it just where she wants it. We took Jan into the hills with us a few times and she can't stop herself from herding the sheep she encounters. However, when told to cease she instantly obeys. She has good genes; I'm told her granddaughter was a national champion sheepdog.

What a dog!

IMG_2920.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

F1Ektar100-1-007.jpg

F1Ektar100-1-008.jpg

F1Ektar100-1-009-1.jpg

F1Ektar100-1-003.jpg

Brilliant series Brian - you know, when you're not watching, she makes the rocks move... ;)

The Force is strong in this one

It is a wonderful set Brian. The fourth one with the apple is just superb! :)

Much appreciated, Lesley. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant! Thats really put a smile on my face!
Beautiful dog too!
I'm glad to hear that, Hamish. And yes, she is a beautiful dog. Thanks Hamish.

Brilliant, reminds me of our holidays in Scotland where the owner has Border Collies that are fun to watch.

I love dog watching they are so true and honest, these shots are a superb story of a dawg that is truly an enigma one that can stare out stones.....................and apples :) great series Brian love um all...........:)

Brilliant, reminds me of our holidays in Scotland where the owner has Border Collies that are fun to watch.
Thanks Mark. That's what Jan is of course,...Border Collie.

- - - Updated - - -

I love dog watching they are so true and honest, these shots are a superb story of a dawg that is truly an enigma one that can stare out stones.....................and apples :) great series Brian love um all...........:)

Thanks, Kev. Much appreciated. Dugs certainly can bring us much pleasure, can't they Kev?

Thanks, Pete. No,...I haven't seen that film. But I was aware of it and it was the first thing I thought of when I became acquainted with Jan's interesting behavior. Thanks again Pete!

Back