The studio .... not quite finished, but nearly there

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Popped in again today, Richard was back up there having a play about with some of the kit in prep for some work he was doing this avo ... as requested i have taken a couple of shots of some of the kit i have up there

its not the biggest space, the shooting area is about 8'x8'x8' with a bit of extra space at the sides on the floor and a bit higher up the back wall to accomodate a paper roll or 2 ... as you can see i have had the walls painted grey, i have a black cloth back drop (not shown) and a white paper roll giving quite a lot of options. the fire door can be opened for natural light if one should desire such a thing.
i have 2 500 watt flashes and 1 800 watt - almost to much power for the room really ... almost ... i have the massive square soft box (in shot), a big octagonal one, a couple of silver/black umbrellas and couple of shoot through umbrellas and a black and white umbrella. i also have a snoot, barn doors, and a beauty dish... and a boom for one of the lights ... oh and the lights are all remote controlled with a snazzy little handset .. thats it i think...
excuse the bright photos, i was in a hurry as Richards clients were about to arrive ...

_1030107.jpg

_1030105.jpg

wow looking pretty professional..........i like it

when its completely done im gonna take some nice photos of it, after all, its been a yeah in the making so far ... and im still not done

Looks like you have tidied up since I visited :)

loooking good.

indeed, cheers mark ... although the only thing i did is move the tables we used... i still havent even swept the floor
:)

Dont forget that presentation and first impressions are everything, find a brush or hoover :)

Nice set-up - brings back memories of studio shoots.

I used to have a Prolinca set-up - nothing fancy, but portable and very dependable.

3 heads, 1 softbox, one silver brolly, one shoot-through white brolly - and a nice Infra Red Trigger to keep things cordless.

setup.jpg

Paid for itself in no time, and was a really great way to learn about lighting.

Back