Critique Welcomed The Windbreak No. 2

Stevenson Gawen

This is the same windbreak of pine trees (Pinus radiata) as in the similarly titled post regarding spots from development, only viewed from the other side.
Digital, this time, so there are no spots, at least not that kind...
I had in color first, but decided it worked so much better in B+W, with an emphasis on the red channel. A little dodging and burning and a few contrast adjustments in darktable and that's mostly it, apart from removing a power line that unhelpfully planted itself in frame.
Someone tell me if I'm posting too much!
DSC_5382.jpg

I, for one, do not think you are posting too much. Please post away!

I'm glad you removed that power line. I don't know where it was in the frame but it could only have detracted from what is (now) a very nice landscape.

I, for one, do not think you are posting too much. Please post away!

I'm glad you removed that power line. I don't know where it was in the frame but it could only have detracted from what is (now) a very nice landscape.
Thanks Brian, that's reassuring! :)
The power line was running (in appearance) from the right-most tree, off to the edge of the frame. I didn't actually notice it when I took the shot, funnily enough. Couldn't have done much about it though.

I like this line of trees - I have a shot of it in winter with snow on the ground which is firm favorite of mine. Edit: and I drive past it at least once or twice a week!

Thanks @Hamish Gill and @Dave Farnes ! Glad my posts are welcome - I'm feeling on a roll, photo-wise, this week, so I've had a few things to post. I don't always...

The sky was better than I expected, tbh. It was sort of early-ish (8am) and there was a lot of fog in the valleys - you can actually see a bank of it as a bright area just above the horizon at far right. Normally you'd be able to see some further hills. (I think - haven't actually considered from this particular spot)

Back