The Work of Aaron Wishart

Stevenson Gawen

It's not uncommon to find Aaron covering the same rally events that I am - only he's right at the top of the game and I'm fair-to-middlin' as they say. ;)

I think he's the only motorsport photographer who's capable of blowing me away on a regular basis. Just look at this one!
Screenshot from his FB page at https://www.facebook.com/wishartmedia1

Also his website - https://www.wishartmedia.com.au/

I think it's wonderful... 😍
Screenshot 2024-04-09 212528.jpg

I'd be interested in your thoughts on his work. He does post process more heavily than some, but I think it works, and his customers certainly like it.
I'm wondering if he's influenced me more than I realised...

Indeed, as Rob says, a very strong imact. The closer shots are great. I like the more scenic views, but there is a contention in mind between all the human excitement of the car zooming along being vaguely at odds with what would otherwise be a beautiful landscape view, if that makes sense. Just my personal taste. They are otherwise excellent images, demonstrating a talent I do not have.

No, I don't like this photo in any possible way. I can't guarantee it, but maybe tomorrow when I'll be less tired I will follow the links you have put in your post. Tonight I'm truly scared by 'Wishart MEDIA', 'Wishart MEDIA', 'Wishart MEDIA', 'Wishart MEDIA'...

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate your thoughts. Helps me put things into perspective a bit more. :D

@Gianluca, I had a feeling it wouldn't be to your taste.

It's funny. I've had this internal discussion with myself before, and don't always like Wishart's style. But then another event comes along, I see a few of his images, and go "Whooararr!".

Hm. Somewhat concerning.

They certitainly grab attention, but for like others it is not sustained. Partly that i the processing and I find that nearly always with certain types of processing. I do prefer when the vehicles etc are in context with the landscape / wider scene. I do find that his placement (quite central) to be a bit disappointing though, even if the main subject is motorsport.

They certitainly grab attention, but for like others it is not sustained. Partly that i the processing and I find that nearly always with certain types of processing. I do prefer when the vehicles etc are in context with the landscape / wider scene. I do find that his placement (quite central) to be a bit disappointing though, even if the main subject is motorsport.
Thanks Pete. I think I agree. (for the moment ;) )

Back