The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction

That man could be me, but no, I was elsewhere taking a photo with a phone (probably for the first time in my life). There are no reflections in this photo, just a man with a phone photographing a person with a phone photographing an optical artwork by Vasarely as time passes through the scene dressed in a black shirt.

That man could be me, but no, I was elsewhere taking a photo with a phone (probably for the first time in my life). There are no reflections in this photo, just a man with a phone photographing a person with a phone photographing an optical artwork by Vasarely as time passes through the scene dressed in a black shirt.
Wow... interesting indeed! I seriously thought that was a kind of mirror. 😄 Apologies for my incomprehension too. I like it.

I’d love to see what she photographed: the handsome man photographing her 😀

The colour version works better for me, as I don’t think the phone renders b&w very well.

What I find interesting is that the story is all about the three people (yourself included) than the art work.

Is she your wife? I only ask because I would find it difficult to photograph a woman I did not know.

Back