Critique Welcomed The Wrigley Building, Chicago

Brian Moore

Completed in 1924, the Wrigley Building was headquarters of the chewing gum manufacturer.

The mottled effect on the clock tower is caused by the sunlight reflecting off the windows of the building opposite.

Olympus OM2n with 35/2.8 "shift" lens and Arista EDU 400 film processed in Rodinal.

Vaguely remember seeing this one here before, Brian, but happy to see it again. Good to have the two humans for scale. The mottled effect is interesting, gives you something to chew on, intellectually speaking!

Amazing Composition. Looks great!
Thank you, Roshni. Much appreciated.

Vaguely remember seeing this one here before, Brian, but happy to see it again. Good to have the two humans for scale. The mottled effect is interesting, gives you something to chew on, intellectually speaking!
Dammit! Have I posted this one before? Well anyway, thanks for the comments, Rob!

It is a new one to me!
Another example of what I think of as "classic" American architecture. I like the contrast between the sunlight on the buildings and the foreground in shadow, really emphasizes the buildings. A shift lens is the perfect tool for that kind of shot. Real good one!

It is a new one to me!
Another example of what I think of as "classic" American architecture. I like the contrast between the sunlight on the buildings and the foreground in shadow, really emphasizes the buildings. A shift lens is the perfect tool for that kind of shot. Real good one!
Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.

Back