Today's Crop

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Last edited:
Half Man could use a traffic cone on his heed! (It's done wonders for the Duke's popularity over in Glasgow, and you could be starting an Edinburgh tradition Rob!;))

Lovely set, though. The fotie of the couple at the windae is nicely done as is the tree. I love that you're shooting film.

A damned fine harvest it is too Rob. Love the couple taking in the 'view'. And those gates are quirky and interesting - nioce shots and PP (I assume you've bumped the contrast up a bit). I'd probably crop tree-face square but I like it anyway.

Thanks. I forgot to say that the only one without some pp is the couple in the cafe. The pp amounted to a little contrast and darkening. I agree that the face tree needs cropping. Not sure about the cup and saucer on the right-hand side of the Couple pic. It might have to go.
Thanks again for your comments!

I love that you're shooting film.

Actually, I've been thinking a lot about that today. The truth is, it is expensive. The film cost £6.50, and the development and scanning onto a CD of 36 exposures cost £12. So, £18. And I seem to be doing about five or so films a month. It has just dawned on me how expensive that is! I could have Hamish's x100 in six months...

I guess I could learn how to do my own developing, though I don't really fancy it, being utterly inept at all things manual. And I suppose I could bulk-buy film. Hmm...not sure.

And what do I do once I have the photos developed? Make them digital!

Hamish...is your x100 still for sale?!

It has just dawned on me how expensive that is! I could have Hamish's x100 in six months...

Understood. I'd probably be leaning more toward digital too under those circumstances, but I'd certainly regret having to give film up.

I do like the half man shot a lot - the letters on the railing seem to almost float, very surreal

Actually, I've been thinking a lot about that today. The truth is, it is expensive. The film cost £6.50, and the development and scanning onto a CD of 36 exposures cost £12. So, £18. And I seem to be doing about five or so films a month. It has just dawned on me how expensive that is! I could have Hamish's x100 in six months...

I guess I could learn how to do my own developing, though I don't really fancy it, being utterly inept at all things manual. And I suppose I could bulk-buy film. Hmm...not sure.

But its so easy!
really very simple and not at all daunting once you understand the method ... I really must get round to making my demo video of how to do it!

And what do I do once I have the photos developed? Make them digital!

Hamish...is your x100 still for sale?!

I'm not sure ... ... ... ...
Maybe if you learn how to process negs ill consider selling it to you ... ;)

Back