Tokyo Fashion Expo 2014

Peter Blake

DSC_0717.jpg DSC_0703.jpg DSC_0744 - Version 3.jpg DSC_0741.jpg DSC_0740.jpg DSC_0734.jpg

I primarily shot these exhibitions for the people not the products. if they had a runway show I would have shot that but nothing of the kind was present.

With the two 'clones' from behind, I can't decide which is the better shot….favouring the second one?
This show I took two prime lenses only. A 35mm f2, and a 400mm F3.5. All shots here on the 35 F2

Last edited:
Really humorous shots, Pete. I like them all. But of the two clones, the first does it for me. The guys are more upright, and that emphasises the contrast with the pink shopping bags. The first shot is my favourite.

Excellent set Peter. Love the two isolated people. Although I like the fact that the two paces are synchronised in the first shot of the clones, I prefer the second. The framing is more dynamic I find and I like the people on the left too.

I immediately liked the 2nd of the two clones better, which motivated me to go back and forth between the two to try to understand why. The added space above in #2 helps, as does the increased illumination right and left upper corners. These factors seem to open the picture up for me. Its therefore less claustrophobic I guess. And also, like Pete, I like seeing the people on the left.

Last edited:
Love that last shot - two interpretations of business attire! :D

Back