New Username tagging

For someone who has absolutely no idea what you are talking about - can I safely ignore this? (You'll have to excuse me, I've just taken delivery of a hired TomTom and now I have to move all my saved Photographer's Ephemeris locations in order to get the longitude/latitude for the favourites. It's impossible trying to point to the middle of nowhere on the map...) :)

Now the battery has died on the TomTom. I've only had it working for an hour and they only sent a car charger. Now what am I supposed to do? Sit in the car with the engine running, while I finish the job? :eek:
@Lesley Jones , I think you can ignor it if you like but I'm forcing one tag on to you with this post. Hope you get the Tom Tom charged up soon. :cool:

No - I may have turned them off if they were related to the trophies. I found it a tad silly to get awards to want to spend time with friends. I got a trophy for my first post. Another for being an addict. There were two more, but I didn't take much notice I'm afraid. My time on the computer is very limited, so I probably view things in a different light :)

I hope you can make the new forum work for you Lesley, you seem to be entrenched in all the features you don't agree with, or don't agree with you!
Just ignore them!
Trophies and the like aren't intended to be taken seriously, they are just a bit of fun.
By disabling the alerts you have effectively cut your self off from a whole load of other features that don't just help you but help others.
For eg tagging @Lesley Jones in a post will draw your attention to it through the alert system. Now this might be something as simple as "@Lesley Jones might like this photo" but it might also be "@Lesley Jones might be able to help with this question". Alerts are also there to notify when a thread you create is commented on and simple things like that. Whilst of course their use is not mandatory, they are their to improve your experience! This software is a lot more advanced than what we had before, all these new features might seem overwhelming and confusing to start with, and certainly different to what we had before ... But give them a chance and I'm sure you will see their benefit in time!

Thanks for the info but nobody could understand my life. We get up at 5.20, three hours to do the zoo then a full day at work. These days I often have to drive home alone and another two and a half hours with the animals. We seldom eat before 9.30 and it's only something on toast. We never get time for lunch, not even at weekends. So no... I'm not likely to participate properly, but it can't be helped. I still have photos to process, a web site, blog and videos, friends to e-mail. A simpler forum resulted in less stress and I felt equal. Now I can't keep up :(

Well it's... you can see what the time is and I haven't eaten at all today yet. I may start turning the odd thing on when I get back from Cornwall. Sadly there is a lot of stress and worry involved in looking after so many animals and those little red alerts at the top of the forum weren't helping. Wish me luck with dramatic lighting next week, or at least that I don't get lost in the middle of Dartmoor ;)

Back