View from Bear Mountain - Sedona AZ

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
This afternoon was a bit of a cluster **ck - firstly, the ladies in our party misread the map, and instead of the 'easy' hike with 'minimal elevation change' - we ended up hiking up Bear Mountain, which has a 2000' elevation change!

http://www.sedonahikingtrails.com/bear-mountain.htm

bearmtn.gif

We figured out we were on the wrong trail after the first 400' climb - so never did make it to the top! :D

The 2nd issue became apparent after we'd reached a superb viewing point on the edge of a cliff, and I reached for my X100 to bag the shot.

NO MEMORY CARD INSTALLED! :mad:

It was still in the card reader, back at the house :(

Managed to borrow a 32mb card from one of our guests - the free card that came with his camera - which allowed me just one RAW image from the X100.

So here is 'The One' - the view from Bear Mountain

5b6b1541-9fdf-4fae-9204-78b9be951942-l

X100 f11 CPL Filter

Last edited:
Serves ye right for no shooting film, Chris! You coulda got 24 or even 36 of that "one"!:p

Oh, by the way,...nice shot! Real cowboy country oot there! Lovely.

Well, if all you have is one shot, might as well be a good one. And that is certainly a good one.

On the other hand, please don't upload anymore photos with blue skies - they make me very jealous!

Sorry about they skies Rob - the locals are still praying for rain as it's been a very dry winter to date - so they'd welcome some rain clouds instead of clear blue skies with fluffy clouds ;)

Pete - good point! The climb down was a bit of a mare - so much more difficult going down than up, I can see how cats get stuck in trees now! :D

Brian - Film? :D :D :D

Allan - I was so ticked off, you have no idea :(

This location has the possibility of being a stunning vista at sunset, so I have plans to return, with lots of memory cards in stock!

brilliant!! i could see myself taking shots here

Back