Critique Welcomed View from our humble neighborhood

Fidel Marcus

Since I didn't have the right equipment to get a shot of the eclipse I figured I would try my best at creating a fitting photo for this solar event, drove maybe 5 minutes uphill from where I live and walked to the most suitable point where I felt I can have the perspective I wanted and started shooting....

The original Tif is about 35 megapixel, it comprises of 3 sets of bracketed shots stitched vertically, then PP'd in LR.
F/9.0
iso; 50

7239862364_a1090622b0_b.jpg

:cool:

Thanks for the compliments, I wish you could all see the original, I'm quite fascinated by the amount of detail and high resolution achieved by stitching multiple exposures together. When zoomed in you can see the san francisco bay bridge far in the foggy horizon even the skyline of the city.

a few weeks ago I stitched together a 7 frame panorama which hopefully soon I will turn into a 6-7ft wide print, I have quite a few empty walls in my home at the moment, if I get a chance I'll upload that pano and share it with everyone :)

Wow! What a beautiful view! Lovely image.

I just love the effect the mist has to create death with the various hills and valleys - wonderful stuff

Nicely done, Fidel. I use the same technique of stitching a lot when shooting architecture, as I'm sure you do. The detail it renders is amazing!

Back