View from Tate Modern

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Went to the Georgia O'Keeffe with Rhona. Took lots of shots from the balcony of the Members Cafe (she's a member). Great view. DPOQuattro. Stunning exhibition, by the way, and really inspiring to Rhona.

view5.jpg

Here's what she drew/painted afterwards, taken from a photograph she took of rocks near the Forth Bridge. She rattled this off in two hours.

rhonasrocks.jpg

That is a classic image of the big city, I never tire of looking at that view. Different perspective to mine taken from the lowly peasant's balcony. :D

That was a great exhibiton, I am glad you and Rhona enjoyed it. Great picture by her too, she has real talent.

Nice view and a excellent painting by Rhona talented.
If you had mentioned you were down south in the big smoke I would of met up with you for a chat and let you see thee old C330

Oh, it's a wonderful exhibition. I came away a big fan. The whole family is. Susan spent some time on the Lawrence's farm where O'Keeffe did many of her classic paintings. She and Rhona are hatching plans to get back there some day.

The exhibition also has photos by Paul Strand, Ansel Adams, and her husband, Alfred Stieglitz, showing how clearly she was influenced, at times, by photography.

Back