Waiting for the Dancers

Brian Moore

Took this a few weeks ago after a dance event at Huntington Beach High School. I balanced the camera on my knee (kneepod) to steady it. The people you see are waiting for the dancers to emerge following the performance.

Used my Oly XA and Kodak Ultramax 400 film. The artificial lighting caused a very greenish cast to the image so I modified the tone.

XAKodakUltra400-024.jpg

Alas, that particular knee is less flat than I'd prefer for photographical purposes, Pete. Its somewhat roundish shape renders long exposures vulnerable to the slightest movement, like you see here. (It didn't help that I was simultaniously restraining a certain intelligent--and pretty--canine through the medium of a red leash and tartan collar.) Oh,...and you should see that cathedral! ;) Thanks for your comments Pete.

Brian... have you ever used dogpod? :D

Having been a dancer in my distant youth, I really like the way you have captured this :)
Thank you very much, Lesley.

By the way, I've never used the dogpod, but its a capital idea. I'll have a chat with Sadie when I get home from work! ;)

Thanks again, Lesley.

Last edited:
Clearly a group of extraterrestrials going back into the mothership - well captured! ;)

It's beginning to make more sense now. I thought they were all wearing flat caps (I'd assumed, falsely it seems, that it was a clog dancing event), but that is obviously their 'beaks' blurred by Brian's knee trebling due to his nervousness!!

Cor blimey, Pete! Between you and Chris, a pair of right old Sherlocks the two of you, I can't conceal anything. Yes,...I was a little nervous about being summoned aboard, as my photographical recordings of Earth and its inhabitants is not quite finished. (But I wasn't in Holland,...so there! :p)

Back