Wales Rally GB 2011

Alastair Cummins

A few pics from the British round of the World Rally Championship. I didnt take as many pics as I normally do as I got too busy nattering and watching from some of the best spots ive ever been to :D

Dani Sordo Myherin Rally GB 2011 by Allyc85, on Flickr

Jari-Matti Latvala Crychan Rally GB 2011 by Allyc85, on Flickr

Oleksandr Saliuk Crychan Rally GB 2011 by Allyc85, on Flickr

Hayden Paddon Crychan Rally GB 2011 by Allyc85, on Flickr

Armindo Araujo Crychan Rally GB 2011 by Allyc85, on Flickr

Jari-Matti Latvala Crychan Rally GB 2011 2 by Allyc85, on Flickr

My pics are here Wales Rally GB 2011 - a set on Flickr

2 things I noticed at the rally..

A) I could so with a up to 300mm lens.

B) My camera seems to be very slow some times as in burst speed and in file saving speed :eek:

So a 300 2.8L and a 1DX would do it then! :D

Really like the MINI shots - especially the first, which must have been quite a challenge with the lighting?

And the nice tight shot of Armindo Araujo Crychan - with that road snaking out behind with the compressed perspective - nice!

RE burst speed - What are you shooting with today?

I've always hated the fact that Rally is practically non-existent in the states :(

Yea its slowly catching on with Ken Block doing a few rounds when hes not filming his videos etc, but they really need to hold a World Championship event in the US to boost it! They should put me in charge id get it sorted ;)

So a 300 2.8L and a 1DX would do it then! :D

Really like the MINI shots - especially the first, which must have been quite a challenge with the lighting?

And the nice tight shot of Armindo Araujo Crychan - with that road snaking out behind with the compressed perspective - nice!

RE burst speed - What are you shooting with today?

Cheers mate! With the first shot I never thought id get anything from that position looking directly into a rapidly sinking sun, but watched the first few and decided to give it ago. Its had a very slight contrast and temperature tweek but apart from that its as shot.

If you would like to do your good deed for the day and buy me the 300 2.8L and 1DX that would be fantastic ;)

As it is im shooting with a Nikon D40 (9660 shutter actuations) and a 55-200mm nikon 55-200mm vr lens with a class 6 SD card.

Ali, I'm off to drive a lamborghini around a circuit in Loughborough tomorrow, well looking forward to it, though, I will be taking pictures afterwards... Any tips on these panning shots dude ?? :)

Dan have fun I did an Aston v Ferrari day a couple back was great fun.......make sure you got yer lead boots on Vroooom.

Back on thread I have great respect for these sort of shots Al you make it look so easy when it really isn't.:)

Cheers mate :)

I just found this amazing picture of a complete idiot taking pictures/video on the inside of a corner!

WRC Wales Rally GB 2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This caused the driver to run wide and hit a bank, causing the car to bounce up in the air before carrying on! I bet what he captured was rubbish from a position like that and the risks he took were ridiculous to say the least!

Madness!
Although did you know I a car goes really fast over your head it hurts less than if it goes slower ...
Mainly because your dead faster really!
What a numpty!

Back