we have a google+ community

Well, I joined your group, but I have to say G+ has never really replaced Facebook for me, if that was its intention. It just hasn't caught fire yet.

I like Facebook now, I've got my head arround how it works (for work mostly) ... Most of my mates are on there, and most of the time if they say somthing it's quite amusing ... I don't post much, bar pictures of Connie. I like the new timeline thing ... It creates a diary of what people post. I think it will be interesting to look back on ...
already my pictures of Connie have turned into a pictorial of her life right from moments after she was born... That makes me feel warm in side to look back through. And it's always in my pocket on my phone ... Dunno ... There is loads about it that I don't like, but mostly that comes down to how other people use it - talking crap etc. and obviously you have to be careful, don't give out your bank details etc, keep your privacy settings strict etc ... And of course there are the standard data fears, but again, that just comes down to being sencible. And if you "liking" stuff leads to you being better targeted with adds, well that's a bonus for me. I'd rather see adverts for stuff that interests me.

Having lived in many places and acquired many people that I loved and still love, Facebook has been invaluable in reuniting me with them. It has made me realize the value of the kids I hung out with, who have become successful in arts, communications, and entertainment. It has assured me that special others don't fall out of love when times change. We who loved decades back still love and appreciate, though vast distances in time and space separate us. It gives me a chance to see the day to day work of friends who have matured into great creative people and to share my day to day creations with them. It has also been a conduit for people I never knew, to share my day to day work and give me feedback, while giving me access to their vision.

I long ago learned that anything you post on-line is there forever for all to see. Don't ever post anything that is private—not just on Facebook—but everywhere on the net. I could not care a whit about Facebook privacy policies—I handle my own. In all, it has been a 100%+ experience if + in this case is even meaningful.

I control it where it matters, so Facebook has greatly enhanced my life. Friend me, browse my albums, share my work, comment, and above all interact.

Anyone know of an "Idiots Guide to Google+"....????

...I've dipped my toe into it on a couple of occasions but still find it mind-warpingly complicated....

18 months on and I still don't get G+. I only use it as it's Google and it's lovely for assisting with SEO.

I quite like Facebook, I dislike some of the inane banter on there from friends & family :))) but there's some great FB groups on there if you search for them. :)

My guess is G+ will slowly transmute into something else and go away

Facebook - I like because I can keep in touch with old mates and family in Blighty

Back