What Was Your Most Significant Shot Of 2013?

futon.jpg
For me, it had to be this one.

Setting up in the kids' playroom with all that lovely bright coloured junk and the textures of the different toys made it such a fun photo to do. I loved the fact I could use bounce flash, the fact the the camera picked up so much detail (the full-size picture still astounds me) and I was so pleased with the interaction of the two guys in the photo, the fact that it looks quite like a natural 'snap' and I'd only had the camera and flash a fortnight so everything was so new.

Happy, happy photo, this one.

The reasons for mine... The Stag. this shot was pure luck and spurred me on to try my hand at a commercial venture and name it after the fella in the picture, Red Stag

The waterfall, This was one of the first pictures sold in my exhibition and I also received a lot of praise for it, it generated over 30,000 views on facebook ... it was justification for using whatever you have to hand as it was taken and edited on my iPhone

For me I think, it has to be this one. I really shouldn't have gone to Cornwall and Devon - work and the zoo make me more exhausted every year and I struggle on a normal day. To add to the 4.00 a.m. starts and not going to bed until after 11.00 p.m. I had a rotten cold and drove well over 1,000 miles in less than four days. On this day I walked around six miles in search of my subjects - the wind was gusting so much here in the middle of Dartmoor that I had to hang on to the tripod. I didn't leave until it was nearly dark and I still had a mile to walk back to the car and another two hours to drive back to the B&B. If nothing else, it proves I can look after myself :)

The%20Photographers%20Tree.jpg

Lovely image Lesley, I do remember this one.

Here's mine

8590158461_78e861a298_c.jpg

This was a turning point for me - my first weekend with the Blad - we were attending a family wedding, and I decided I'd bring it along and shoot some photos.

This was on the first roll - I knew I'd have to be quick, so a chose a point on the pavement, focussed on that, and waited for the father and bride to hit their spot.

Something about the Zeiss lenses, the TMAX, and the Blad - they create their own special look

As soon as the film came back from the lab, I was sold - best camera/lenses I've ever owned, and a pleasure to use

Excellent, Chris. I know what you mean - the quality of camera and lens is very high. I get close to that with the RB67 Pro SD, but with the added weight.

This is a fine photo. I keep getting drawn to the ring on his finger, almost dead centre of the frame.

Lake Louise in Banff National Park, is probably one of the most photographed landscapes in the World. However, while driving there, at 6,000 feet altitude, we ran into snow. At the lake. I was presented with a scene that included a blizzard across the lake, and blue sky right beside it. Breaks in the clouds flooded the mountainsides with sunlight, while forest in the shade was extremely dark. Impossible dynamic range. I ran a ±3.0 auto-bracket and used the new HDR functions in Photoshop CC. Thus, a whole new view of a scene much photographed.

Lake-Louise.jpg

Back