Why do I not shoot?

Rense Haveman

Slowly, after the summer holidays, my energy for photography leaked away.... Why? Don't know. But I guess it will be back in some time....

I think by the sound of what Hamish was saying..... Buy something new, and it'll keep you in the game. :D:D
I'm on that roll at the moment..... Hence why I've not been posting threads as consistently as I used to...
Good thread this....

Wo wo wo ... Lets not dumb this down to "capitalism will solve your problems" ;)

My point was, a change of tact can often help ...
If you have a look at post number 18 here http://www.realphotographersforum.com/film-conventional-cameras/8181-shoot-colour-shoot-b-w-2.html

you will see what took me to that lens ...

Id spent my summer just taking photos of Connie and barely post processing them ... I was feeling uninspired by everything else ... The Pete comes along with a thread about a reconisnance lens that triggers some inspiration in me ...
The lens was the outcome of being inspired by something ... The inspiration can come from and result in almost anything ...

the key, is to be open to it.. And as has been mentioned, not force it!

you will be fine Rense, it'll come back in time :)

I get this a lot, luckily I love my chosen subject and would be prepared to go there without my camera so that is my inspiration, unfortunately i rarely get the urge to shoot anything else. It sometimes worries me

it happens to us all Rense, i am sure your MoJo will come back in due course

Haha, Rob, thank you. But I already have a TLR, a pseudo-TLR, a Kodak 9x6 folder, and two Pentax 6x7 cameras.... If I buy another one, I am afraid my wife will leave me....:D

Hi Rense

I find which ever new camera, different camera, different way of photograph i try, after the initial lift off, i return to photographing they way which says something about where i am at that moment.

When i was looking after my lil niece until she was five nearly all my photos were of her.
When i was alone, my photos reflected that.

I think perhaps seeing where you are at this moment in time, then being as close as you can to who you are at this moment in time may perhaps help.

Back