Wild Flowers and Beer...apparently

It took me two days to think my thoughts,
But now I haven't finished thinking them.
I have to think around a quintal bits more,
Because this vision keeps me thinking.

I'm about to say another one of my silly things, but this picture keeps making me think and maybe tonight I'm close to the solution, but take my words with benefit of inventory.
I like this photo perhaps precisely because of its flaws. Digital colors and tones, revealing more emptiness than presence. Missing parts, bitten parts, artificial tints. Chaotic composition.
Perhaps more than communicating, this image is meta-communicating.

Sometimes dreams and memories come like this.

I like this photo perhaps precisely because of its flaws. Digital colors and tones, revealing more emptiness than presence. Missing parts, bitten parts, artificial tints. Chaotic composition.

You’ve kept me waiting for this one, Gianluca, but the wait was worth it. What you say here reflects my own thoughts. I can’t see any crop that would save it. Yet on the other hand it is kind of weirdly perfect - for my taste - with the beer bottle hinting that the photographer is very inebriated. A wedding-party shot.

But, of course, that was never my intention. The truth is I was experimenting, being playful, just to ‘see what happens’. And rather than bin the jpg, I could find things in it worth keeping. I’d go as far to say that no shot is a bad shot if you learn something from it. And it’s always better to try than not, to explore than stay still.

Back