Shadow and Light

Pete, I recall you were once Chief Inspector of the Horizontal Police - @Brian Moore will recall - and now you are climbing the ranks of the Vertical Police! Take some drugs, lie down, all will be well 😎
I remember those terrible terrible people.

I like the shade of the succulent plant. I probably don't know what I'm saying, but I would cut out almost everything else (I did a test and it seems to work extremely well).
Like you I find the shadow of the plant particularly interesting - somewhat demonic enhanced by the fact that the left and right sides are totally different images and vibes. Also like you I played with different crops but in the end prefer the entire image as it is. Very interesting, light (good) and dark (evil).

Cheers, Geoff. I’m pleased you thought it worthy of your attention. I too tried a number of edits (including straight vertices! @Pete Askew ) but left it as taken. It is what it is.
The more I look at it the more I realise how exceptional this image is - two opposing conficting parts, each would make interesting images on their own but together it presents conflict and tension. Well done Rob!

Back