Winter on the Middlefork

Ralph Thornton

Nancy and I headed over to the west side of the mountains on Saturday. It was pretty dreary there and it had rained hard earlier in the day. Lots of moisture in the air. I grabbed this snap with my iPhone from the old bridge over the Middlefork of the Flathead River near West Glacier, Montana. Land to the left of the river is in Glacier National Park while that on the right is in the Flathead National Forest. It was a quiet afternoon but you can believe there will be a multitude of tourists come summer.

8423446547_9dda827d2c_b.jpg

the colour of the water is amazing! you can see the purity... it gives me pangs of home sickness for the highlands, brilliant

Taken with an iPhone, that's absurd! Stunning scene and nice the way the water snakes off into the distance and the block of trees balance the image.
Taken with an iPhone 5 and a little post processing on my iPad with PhotoForge2. I think, if I remember correctly, I cropped a little, increased the exposure in dark areas, upped the saturation a tad and did a little unsharp mask.

That's a beauty...

Back