Yourself as a child - please contribute.

53773711624_ba1ee3e50f.jpg

53773803970_87d13da247.jpg

53773711629_cf212af9fa.jpg

These are the only childhood pics I have of myself, and/or that may exist. The only reason I have these is because an aunt (in the blue shirt) kept these. At this point, my "parents' probably burned any others that might exist lol!

I grew up in a very rural part of western Kentucky, about 8 miles from the nearest town (town had a population of about 3k people.)

The funny thing is, between the years 2006-2019 I worked at various Hot-Rod / Custom / Race shops and frequently was featured in a variety of magazines for cars I was involved with, built, or articles showing tech/how-to content. Pics of me doing that stuff probably outnumber childhood/personal pictures 1000 to 1.

View attachment 19625

Here I am, aged five perhaps? Yes, three sisters, all wearing clothes made by my mother, who also made her own dress, and also knitted all the knitwear you see. Presumably, my father is taking the picture. I remember him having a camera like a Rollei, which we all took turns in looking down at the upside-down views. I actually remember those socks, which were in different shades of blue. Those who have observed my crazy hair these days, can here see that it was my mother who passed on those genes to me! Good to see me so happy! Not sure my mother is so happy. Things were about to unravel between my parents over the coming years, so it is easy for me to imagine that had already started, but perhaps not. I'd like to think there was a time when we were all happy together...

Who's next?
I am sorry I cannot contribute, Rob. It's a lovely series and important. I was never that young and no one took an interest in any photography as I understand. The only one I can recall is me lying on a sheepskin, very young, at a professional photographer. 😁

What an interesting thread. Gianluca, your Manet is quite beautiful and the other image are fascnating, not just through personal interest. My contribution is of myself with my paternal grandfather who had trained as a chauffeur at the Napier works before WWI and had been involved with vehicles and the steam engine powering the local woolen mill all his life. I idolised him as you may imagine. He was also a keen amateur photographer so I may have him to thank for that gene.

Attachments

• DSC05901.jpg
    DSC05901.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 3
Back