Zenit TTL

Simon Turk

I knew some people still preferred traditional 35mm photography so I thought I'd join this forum to see if there is anyone who would be interested in the pictured equipment. I am selling all of this for my dad. There is the camera itself, a Zenit TTL, 2 x flashes, 4 lenses in total and a couple of support handles. Unfortunately I can't tell you much about the lenses however they are all in good condition. As far as we are aware the only thing that is wrong with the camera is the battery for the onboard light meter is flat so requires a new one. Viewing of these is welcome and my dad is open to offers regarding their sale. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or want more pics to try and identify the lenses. Thanks
IMAG0008 (Small).jpg
IMAG0012 (Small).jpg
IMAG0011 (Small).jpg
IMAG0010 (Small).jpg
IMAG0009 (Small).jpg

Welcome to RPF, Simon. Normally we prefer people to become part of our community before trying to sell equipment on the forum but I think you are making a genuine attempt to offer these cameras to people who might be interested. So good luck and, if you are so inclined, please feel free to join our discussions about photography.

Thank you for your reply Pete. I appreciate your feedback. I assure you that I'm only trying to do right by my dad. He used this camera for many years and I offered to try and find the right audience to hopefully give someone many more years of interest out of this equipment. I lack knowledge in this area but if I don't move it on to someone who knows how to use it I'll definitely consider having a play with it all as there is a film in there somewhere.

I now know the lenses included are -
Optomax f5.6 300mm lens (£25)
Helios 44M (£25, including camera body)
Zodel 3.5 135mm lens (£25)
Jupiter-9 portrait lens (£90+)
The 2 flashes are worth £10 and the light meter + books are worth £30.

Simon I would echo Pete's recommendation about having a go with the camera. Also, you allude to some film in there somewhere. Perhaps you mean in the camera? If so perhaps there are images on it. If that is the case you could shoot any remaining unexposed film and get the roll developed. You never know,...there might be some good stuff.

I can't speak from experience about everything you have for sale, but I can tell you that my own copy of that Helios 44 lens is a very nice chunk of glass.

Good luck.

Back