#5 Pacific Surfliner Series

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
Changing things up a little - took this vertical format B&W shot south of Solana Beach today, as the Pacific Surfliner travelled south, down grade, through a cutting.

web.jpg

5D2 - 28-70 f2.8L - f8 - CPL - IR Processed Image in Photoshop

Slightly non-standard tripod set-up for this shot ;)

web.jpg

Oh, and I finally got chased off by rail security due to a 'homeland security alert' today...

Set up the 600 near the tracks - in the 'no trespassing' zone - after 15 mins an SUV arrived from rail security, and it was pointed out to me that I was trespassing, and they had had a homeland security alert because of my presence.

Guy was nice enough, but it was clear that I should be leaving 'now' - so I missed my 600 shots :(

Back to the drawing board...

**** Me Chris that shot is a corker and I don't even like trains. Still not wanting to be a train spotter though, I'll stick to buses!

I was once caught photographing a Police station in Libya which you can actually get into a lot of trouble for. Was an easy mistake to make though, the building had no signs on it at all and just looked like a nice building to take a few shots of. Luckily the policeman who saw me was OK about it, I think he realised I had no idea what the building was.

Not a train spotter myself - just trying to stretch myself a little by picking a theme and doing a series of images around that subject.

Now my whole family are worried that I've converted, and will be wearing an anorak every weekend! LOL

I have 1 or 2 shots left I'd like to try, then I'll move on to something else I think :)

Back