A day with other humans

Julian Tanase

A day in a different community than mine. A great distance between mine and this here, but life flow is the same: people are about their daily routine. Different places, different language. The human element remains the same, because deep down, when all is said and done, we're the same.

Nikkormat FT3, Foma 100/Rollei 80s

FT3_rollei80s (3).jpg

---

fm3a_kentmere100 (7).jpg

---

fm3a_kentmere100 (8).jpg

---

fm3a_kentmere100 (22).jpg

---

FT3_rollei80s (4).jpg

---

FT3_rollei80s (9).jpg

---

FT3_rollei80s (10).jpg

---

FT3_rollei80s (11).jpg

---

FT3_rollei80s (24).jpg

---

fm3a_kentmere100 (12).jpg

---

Good selection, Julian. I do get the feeling this is not your usual stomping ground, that you were a little-bit alienated. We all know that feeling in a new environment. Some of us know that feeling in the place we grew up in and lived in all our lives!

I’d go further than saying ‘deep down we are all the same’ (or words to that effect). On the surface the people in this shot are wearing similar clothes to the people I see around me, the shops look the same too, and also the architecture. Seeing that we are all essentially the same should help stop wars…but it doesn’t. Sometimes it is more interesting to explore our differences, perhaps?

Just some waking thoughts on this cold Sunday morning…

Well done, Julian. For me, the series captures well the sense of anonymity of certain city areas that have somewhat lost their historical personality, ending up looking like so many other very similar neighborhoods found in any city today. But maybe that's just my feeling.

Good selection, Julian. I do get the feeling this is not your usual stomping ground, that you were a little-bit alienated. We all know that feeling in a new environment. Some of us know that feeling in the place we grew up in and lived in all our lives!

I’d go further than saying ‘deep down we are all the same’ (or words to that effect). On the surface the people in this shot are wearing similar clothes to the people I see around me, the shops look the same too, and also the architecture. Seeing that we are all essentially the same should help stop wars…but it doesn’t. Sometimes it is more interesting to explore our differences, perhaps?

Just some waking thoughts on this cold Sunday morning…
Rob, morning thoughts are the best many times :). They're fresh, unaffected yet by the daily events, I guess.

I do agree with you, not my usual territory, but I took it as it presented itself to me. I was more attracted to the similarities than say, differences, mainly because those are the glue that has to bind us. Why it does not happening, why does not do just that? So many reasons, among which I would primarily put the stupidity of believing that, even if we are the same, we have to dictate our own belief to the others ("we are the same, true, but you'll have to believe and do as we believe and do, otherwise we'll bugger you, by any means, because we have a bigger stone and a longer stick, see?").

Hope this all makes sense, thank you for your appreciated comment !​

Well done, Julian. For me, the series captures well the sense of anonymity of certain city areas that have somewhat lost their historical personality, ending up looking like so many other very similar neighborhoods found in any city today. But maybe that's just my feeling.
Somewhat true. The communities of the 80s are no longer that, they had been heavily diluted and lost the cohesion which made them resist against anything nature and wars threw at them. Those dangers are still present to a certain extent, but the main danger come from elsewhere nowadays. I am not going to elaborate where from though, neither the place nor the time to do so.

Thank you for your comment!

Back