A few tweaks I've been mulling over...

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
... I'm not happy with a few things

Firstly, I still find the brand rooms a little annoying ...
I only use them for posting news ... So maybe we could just have a "news" forum then merge all the other brand threads into the other areas

Also, was thinking on espanding the photography taken with phones thing into it's own forums ... One for photos, one for apps ...

Any thoughts

Does anyone else have any suggestions?
I have started contacting photography magazines and I'd like to get it right before it gets too much more busy ... (fingers crossed in that of course... But I have had a positive response from the one mag I have contacted so far ...)

I would support merging the brand rooms into news on equipment, maybe just letting them fall into Cameras and Lenses. One of the distinguishing features of this forum is that is focuses on photography and NOT on equipment and brand. But, for the same reason, I would not separate out iPhone and the Apps - these are just ways of making images and can surely just live in the subject categories / Lightroom (maybe we should call that Digital Processing and re-name Darkroom as Analogue Processing) areas. What do you think?

A news forum would be a good idea with a link to the manufacturers announcement etc if appropriate.

Agree with Pete's idea on merging - there's no real partisanship on here, so a general equipment forum will work I reckon

I'll just flood it with Canon stuff! LMAO! :) :)

Like the idea of phone photography and apps forums - everyone is going to have a camera phone at this rate - and it will be defacto camera because it's the one you always have with you.

How's the approach to the photo mags going?

So split feelings on the phoneogrphy thing then .. Anyone else got a POV?

Not bad, only contacted pixel (trade mag) so far... I think they are gonna do a little bit on the forum ... But the one lady was most helpful and very encouraging and a lady calle Harriet from there has joined here ... Although hasn't said anything yet ...
I did a "behind the counter" bit for them too .. Bit of fun ... I'll show you if they publish it ...

So split feelings on the phoneogrphy thing then .. Anyone else got a POV?

I think a separate forum somewhere about phone photography should be useful, I cant find it at the minute ?

Although the problem with most phoneography forums is that they are dominated by iphone fanboys :)

keep it friendly as millions of people use HTC desire or Nokia N8 etc,

no need for any Canon V Nikon type of posts in a phone forum.

Looking good Hamish - makes more sense I think

coolio ... any more thoughts or ideas

how do you feel about the phone kit section Pete... i decided it needed a new forum in the equipment bit but not in the photos bit as i feel this better reflects what we are about

hey just a minor thaught. is there anyway of making unread posts expire after a certain amount of time if unread, without offending people there are a few posts on here im not really interested in reading like new cannon products and stuff purely as they dont concern me (im not being elitest) so they just hover about and mainly using rpf on my iphone at work using data mobile it takes to much time to load every post just to mark it as read. or is there a way of doing that i dont know about? i suppose its more about convenience than an issue.

Once you have viewed the ones you want click "mark forums read" ... They will disappear unless someone posts in them again ... Then go through the same process

I've read all of every thread on the forum ya know...

Back