Critique Welcomed A Fine Leg To Stand On

Surely he's the judge in the Round The World Swim, 1st Leg?

I love how film renders the sun. Toy camera, maybe, but a fine shot to behold.
Thanks Rob.
I love how film renders the sun.
Yeah now that you mention it I'm trying to visualize how this would have looked with the DP1. The look in the sky would not have been pleasant I believe.

Super shot, Brian. Two legs in the shadow - love it. :)
Thanks Pete. Good eye. I knew you’d notice that. (However, I had a feeling you might be bothered by the straight horizon yet off angle railing. No...?;))

Wait,...now that I look at it again maybe the railing is straight and the horizon off. ...?

I'm puzzled by the railing stanchion shadows. The right most one, the shadow is pointed almost right at the camera. The middle stanchion shadow angles off to the left (as is the left most stanchion shadow).
It's taken with a cheap, plastic camera with a plastic lens, so maybe some strange distortion (though I doubt that since the image doesn't see so distorted otherwise). Not sure what to tell you John.

Doing a visual measurement your right side is lower than the left.. so slightly off. However, despite the camera you had to work with, it is a nice image and I like the juxtaposition of legs. Kind of mind boggling, if you do not know what you are looking at.

Back