Critique Welcomed A Highland Cow

Brian Moore

On our recent holiday we had a cattle drive. I snapped this image of a young cow as we drove the herd along the road near Fearnmore on the Applecross peninsula in Scotland.

Olympus XA3 and Retrochrome 320 slide film cross-processed in C41 print film chemicals.

Excellent Brian. looks like she is doing the highland dance as a welcome home for you.
Thanks Julian. Much appreciated. (At one point I turned around to find the herd trotting toward me. I nearly did a highland fling to get out of the way.)

What a proud looking beastie strutting its stuff! Lovely indeed. Great tones throughout the image.

My only small Suggestion would be that an ND grad would have helped to balance the exposure out and stop the sky stealing some of the "limelight".

The image makes me giggle though and you can't ask for more than that!
Thanks for the comments and I appreciate the suggestion, David.

Nice pose there. Very intelligent coos, you know. They can do algebra.
I didn't know I had captured that pose until I processed the film. Her looking toward me as I snapped the fotie was pure luck. Algebra eh,...? Didnae know that!

Now that is just fabulous Brian. Serendipitous it may have been, but the timing of the pose is perfect (just post algebraic triangulation I believe!). And those colour distortions and tones - superb. If it were a painting it would be great. As a photo I think it is stunning. Get that on the wall, Mr Moore! :)

Great colours Brian, looks almost as if it's painted...and those clouds...!!!

...but doesn't she look as if she's preparing to charge you...?

Now that is just fabulous Brian. Serendipitous it may have been, but the timing of the pose is perfect (just post algebraic triangulation I believe!). And those colour distortions and tones - superb. If it were a painting it would be great. As a photo I think it is stunning. Get that on the wall, Mr Moore! :)
Thanks very much Pete. I may take your advice.

Good meat for a norseman, yammy.
I bet you wish you had horns that nice!

Great colours Brian, looks almost as if it's painted...and those clouds...!!!

...but doesn't she look as if she's preparing to charge you...?
Thanks, Dougie. She does have that "what are you looking at?" look about her. Thankfully they are docile creatures. Still, as I mentioned above I was a bit alarmed when I turned to see the herd trotting toward me.

Back