A quick hello from Bournemouth

Chris Harris

Hi,

Thought I would register as a couple of people over on Cyrusunofficial have joined. Used to be in to photography a while back whilst working in a independent camera shop in East Sussex long before all this digital stuff came along! Had a couple of shots in AP, and won a Canon 70 - 200 2.8L which I still have around somewhere. The EOS 3 is long gone.

I've recently purchased a D90 kit, 35mm f1.8 and a SB600. Got a USA road trip coming up in a couple of weeks so need to brush up.

Anyway, that’s it for now.

Chris

Chris

Nice to meet you Chris. Looking forward to sseing your pics. What Cyrus kit have you got?

Hi Chris, welcome .... Sounds like I owe someone a pint for touting the forum on the cyruss forum

I like that, a 70-200 2.8 L series lens hanging around and you buy a nikon ... My kind a person ;) (see my equipment list below :) )
So where you going in America?

I used to have quite a bit.

Setup was a DAC-X into an 8vs2 into an X Power all with PSX-R's biamped into some Wilson Benesch Square Ones. I have since got rid of everything except the WB's which are still for sale.

I am moving to a Dynaudio active system fed by either a Benchmark Dac1 HDR or Lavry DA10. Haven't quite made my mind up yet!

They are a great bunch over on CU - including Chris D who also posts here and has given me pages of things to do in California - lots of photo opportunities.

Hi Chris, welcome .... Sounds like I owe someone a pint for touting the forum on the cyruss forum

I like that, a 70-200 2.8 L series lens hanging around and you buy a nikon ... My kind a person ;) (see my equipment list below :) )
So where you going in America?

Ha!

Well I looked at a 550d but it felt a bit cheap so went for the D90.

I'll get round to selling it sometime and getting something better in nikon mount. Might look at getting something in the states as i expect it'll be a lot cheaper than the UK.

I am off to LA and then driving round for 3 weeks doing a big loop through Arizona and Nevada ending back in LA.

Back