Critique Welcomed A Tree For All Seasons

Graeme Harvey

This is a little project I've been trying to complete for a number of years, now. I wanted a photograph of this tree in each season, I have two decent ones in winter and spring , plus a ropey summer one, but never one in Autumn. That is, up until last Saturday....

Attachments

• DSC_0079b.JPG
    DSC_0079b.JPG
    728.8 KB · Views: 29
Very nice - worth waiting for

Nice tree and a mic shot. So, do we get to see the set then? :rolleyes:
I'll see what I can do. Very embarrassed about the summer shot though, and TBH, I'm having problems locating it!

OK, here goes...
Spring:
Burlish Tree Spring.jpg

Summer: (don't laugh)
burlishtreesummer.JPG

Autumn:
burlishtreeautumn.JPG

Winter:
burlishtreewinter.jpg

Yes. TBH I painted the wires out of the other three, but because I'm not keen on the summer photo, I never bothered with that. I'm now waiting for next summer...

Nice to see the set Grez. I quite like the summer shot. If it had ben a blue sky there is a danger that it rather than the tree would have dominated the image. Look forward to the update!
The problem for me is that the sun was in the wrong place and the lighting is all wrong - I wouldn't have minded a white sky, but I hate the flare on the top left of the picture, and no matter what you do with it, you can't improve it at all. Still, I've got an opportunity in summer to get another one now.

Waxing poetic...

Oh, if a tree could wander
and move with foot and wings!
It would not suffer the axe blows
Rumi

Two can play at that game...

Beneath both verdant canopy
And winter skeleton:
Former glories lie
Dead, forgotten
In brown decay.
Waiting to restore her
To spring bloom.

Great idea for a project Grez - takes some dedication and planning

Amazed by how much the surrounding vegetation grows and dies down again during the year

Great idea for a project Grez - takes some dedication and planning

Amazed by how much the surrounding vegetation grows and dies down again during the year

To be honest, the surroundings took me by surprise, too. I think we notice the trees due to the striking colour changes and the big alteration in shape, but the place looks so different if you remove the tree each time too!

Back