Accidentally Cross-Processed

Brian Moore

Having removed my first 5 rolls of color film from the developing tank and having hung them to dry, I noticed that two of the five looked different. Turned out I had shot two rolls of Agfa Precisa 100 color slide film and developed them in the C-41 chemistry.

I had picked these films up in a souvenir shop adjacent to Charles Square in Prague. I did not look at the fine print. (But I ask you,...what self-respecting souvenir shop in their right mind would pass off slide film to unsuspecting passers-by? A wholly deceitful practice if you ask me!) Anyway, here is one of the images. Most of them were too badly color shifted or over/under exposed to show without having to do some serious post processing first. (Having assumed the film to be print film, I was rather cavalier about exposure, relying on Sunny 16 and the film's latitude to bring me home something acceptable. I got some of the images right, but not all, and these were the ones that required the most PP.)

This is a view of Wenceslas Square, taken from the steps of the National Museum. The blotchy thing on the sidewalk lower right is a stylized melted looking cross. It is the memorial to Jan Palach, who self-immolated on that spot in 1969 to protest the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia.

Canon F1.

Looks fine to me Brian. Nice big avenue - good for driving a tank down...I think it was Napoleon who started all this, by getting his architects to rip out a lot of old Paris, and put wide boulevards in place, for the sole purpose of riding artillery down to keep the hoi polloi quiet and well behaved.

A fine result all the same Brian.
I actually like the red banner but how about a bit of cheating Brian and clone out the M. The same with Samsung?(and the SASUNG too of course:))

I think it was Napoleon who started all this, by getting his architects to rip out a lot of old Paris, and put wide boulevards in place, for the sole purpose of riding artillery down to keep the hoi polloi quiet and well behaved.

Wait,...I thought Napoleon did that for the Tour de France?

Back