All Seasons in One Day

Roses in bloom, another with hips, Cylamen flowering and a Wreath on the door. Boxing Day 2011. What has happened to the seasons?

AllSeasons-1-1.jpg

Leica M9 + 35mm Leica Summilux M f1:1.4. 1/60 f1:5.6 ISO 160. PP in LR, PS and Nik ColorFX 4.

Love the comp, Pete. It does very much speak to the waning of the Christmas season. If I was to nitpick though I would like to see the bottom of the door. Did ye crop that oot or did ye compose it that way?

Nice shot Pete this could be a set up if you didn't know better, with the weather that is. it has gone crazy I played golf yesterday in spring clothing, sun shining and even a ruddy Bee hovering around the place. Madness it is :D

The season does seem rather odd doesn't it. It is a crop Brian but there was a car bonnet on the right and there 'green waste' bag on the left. Tried keeping the bottom of the door but they were too distracting. I could have cropped it slightly differently (and intended to when I shot it), but I'd have lost the rose hips (my original intention was to include the whole of the door and the RH side contrasting the rose buds with the wreath. Thought the 4 elements worked better in the end though.

How bizzare! Blooming at this time of the year! lol
Great compo again Pete.

Crazy Pete - can't believe a square crop didn't work for you ;)

Mid 70s here today - short sleeve order

Back