And on the other bank...

a shaft of evening sun lit a glade.

Edge80-4.jpg

Nikon D3 + Lensbaby Composer fitted with the Edge 80 optic. ISO 400, f1:4.0, 1/250s. PP in LR, Nik ColorFx 4 and SilverFX 2.

I'll take that as a compliment Lesley! :) Thank you. I had originally envisaged this as a colour shot and was processing it with that in mind. But the more I looked at it the more it reminded me of a wet collodion print and so I did a B&W conversion and stained / toned it to match. I bought the Edge 80 optic a few weeks back but today is the first chance I've had to use it. After doing a few experiments in the garden (and a couple of shots I'll use in a write-up) I wandered down to the River Whitewater as some ideas had begun to form. This is one of the results.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to add that I think the collodion look came about as that has been in my mind a lot lately and I intend to explore the technique in the near future (probably on 10x8 or maybe by modifying the DIY camera).

very mystical Pete - like you're looking into a fairytale - very effective

Thanks Paul. I'm quite pleased because all of the distortion and focus was done entirely in-camera. The PP was only to add a touch of glow and perform the B&W conversion / toning to give it the collodion 'look'.

Funny you should mention the faerie folk Beth...

Don't know what collodion refers to, but I'll look it up. What I do know is that the photo made me stare at it for quite a while. Something magical about it, more than the sum of its parts. Simple yet mesmerising.

I've been looking at this for a while now trying to get my head round what i'm looking at. It's compelling and I don't know why but I keep looking deeper into it and finding more. For me that's a sign of a great picture, it keeps drawing me back

Back