Article: Our Members Top Four Photos of 2011......

Nice 57 Pontiac super chief.
That car was far better looking than the 57 chevy but it was very low production due to its high price tag.

Fantastic set Hamish, I really like them all, very inspiring.

Thanks Darren for those nice comments, but, light painting? Wanting a mask now? What have I done to you?!!! Lol.
If you have an army surplus store near you, you may get a mask, if not, fleabay will do TONNES of them. ;)

OK, My top 4 for 2011 in no particular order....

This building is now sadly gone but it was a masterpiece of street art. It was at one end of one of the more vibrant (and occasionally troubled) areas of Bristol. There's loads of brilliant street art all over the area that changes continuously so there's always more to see and photograph.

image1912003 by jordin57, on Flickr

I actually got to the St Pauls Carnival in Bristol this year, along with some friends from a local group. This is akin to the Notting Hill Canrival and is just as colourful and full of characters. This guy was selling flags, and whistles, and vuvuzelas and whistles and flags...did I mention the whistles...ye gods the noise from all those whistles.....;)

image1912002 by jordin57, on Flickr

This is another from the Carnival showing the colour and inventiveness of the costumes in the procession...

image1912001 by jordin57, on Flickr

Also this year we had the Zombie Walk. thousands of people dress up as zombies and shuffle through the centre of Bristol accosting innocent bystanders to demand "Brainzzzz!". Everyone takes it in good fun and I spent most of the afternoon laughing. This was taken in the staging area before they set off and I just loved the look these two were sharing.

image_z024 by jordin57, on Flickr

Cheers!

That first one is top dog Ade!! Can't believe it's not there now!! Shame
This occasional troubled area you mean.... Not st Paul's by any chance is it! Had a bad vibe down there when I work in that vicinity for a year. Lol

I only know the tesco off junction 2 on the 32... Is that the one?

And four from me.......

Well I have had a rummage through the back catalogue that will soon be written to the back up back up HD and become digital history, some of my chosen ones have been posted some haven't,

My first is P as in Pershore, this I posted a while back as part of my one shot in one hour with one lens and one camera, I am pretty pleased with this and yes of course it is in B&W...

AbbeyParkBW.jpg

My second is L as in Lads Fishing, this was one of a series that unfortunately to date I've not been able to continue with, 'Bloke on a Bike up the Cut!'. When ~i saw the lads I had a sudden memory of me when I was a lad, (Gosh I got a good memory:D:D) doing the exact same thing in the exact same spot so I had to shoot it.....

Threekidsfishing.jpg

My 3rd is B as in Bloke, now I don't do a great deal of people mainly cos they talk, answer back and get very very self conscious and go all stoopid, no it isn't Dan Down and the 1000 yard Stare:D, I was asked if I could do some ports at a drama club, I obliged this drama group is all disabled some physically some mentally, a great bunch and certainly a fun bunch in the main that is, this bloke has no visible disability but like the background his mind is dark, memories lost in the darkness that is part of some mental illnesses, for me that is why this port works, because I know the illness, other viewers won't see it so all they will see is just a bloke, I like that because it shows no discrimination :)

HeadShot.jpg

My last is L as in Log, I used to be a Fire officer and had, indeed still have a like of fire, not a bad like but it is difficult to handle and as such difficult to photograph, but like when its burning when its out it leaves interesting shapes and patterns, I saw this burned fallen tree whilst out walking it sort of reminded of an outstretched arm grabbing at bird, well thats what Isaw anyhow, :D HAHA The things we see in the things we see HAHA :D

Burnedwood.jpg

What a ****ing BRILLIANT set Kev!!! I really can't say much more than that.
It's meaningful set, and the description has such a true connection to the subject... I think these are fantastic!! :) :)

So first off, WOW!

Just a fantastic collection of shots and talent.

It's been inspiring and challenging - and it's kept me hooked-in and producing all 2011 long.

So here are my 4:

7778343a-59dd-46ff-b046-4875861d339f-l

Partially because it's my Dad, and I think it captures his spirit - and partially because the lighting and detail are something I've strived for, for a long time.

30d90294-1c1e-4c89-8219-3fa30de7e6ee-l

Edge of the Ocean - This really illustrates where I've chosen to live in Southern California, and the special feeling you get living next to a massive ocean, which swallows the setting sun every day. During 2011, I finally got to grips with twilight photography - thanks to the Live View mode on the 5D2, and lots of practice.

a42648cd-724e-4269-87ff-971308381bd4-l

Watson Lake near Prescott AZ is an amazing place - kind of surreal, like another planet. I loved the location, and I finally achieved the picture I was after when I post processed it into B&W with Topaz.

f7c4e4f6-e58c-433b-a91c-387bccd8f8ac-l

Slide Rock, Sedona AZ - one of those rare times when the snowfall, sunshine, and clouds, all come together - AND you have your camera with you. It was difficult to take a bad shot that day, just nature in all her glory.

Lordy lordy,...what wonderful images from all. I would like to echo what Chris said so succinctly: WOW!

I hope you don't mind but I want to just mention praise for my favorite of each of your pictures. (However, jist 'cause I mention one disnae mean I dinnae like the others. OK?)

Darren: Whitby at Sunset. Wow! Jist Wow!
Davie: Love the reflection on Loch Shiel. (But I had a hard time between that yin and the first yin of the wee waterfall.)
Ralph: Sinopoah Sunrise. Fantastic shot.
Dave: Blackpool! Very cool retro style. I love that.
Dan: Follow Me. Weird and wonderful and creative. That is art in my opinion.
Hamish: Hannah on a Bridge. Dreamy and delightful image.
Adrian: The Two Ghouls (hope you don't mind that I gave it a name). Love the look you captured there.
Kev: L. What a Rorschach Test that fotie is! (I see an American bison, who's had his hair cut, emerging from an elephant's trunk with a black eyed night heron perched on his back--well,...I don't actually know if such a bird as a black eyed night heron actually exists, Kev, but it's what I see in yer fotie.)
Chris: The fotie of yer da. That is quite simply a cracker!

What a talented set we have on RPF!

Lordy lordy,...what wonderful images from all. I would like to echo what Chris said so succinctly: WOW!

I hope you don't mind but I want to just mention praise for my favorite of each of your pictures. (However, jist 'cause I mention one disnae mean I dinnae like the others. OK?)

Darren: Whitby at Sunset. Wow! Jist Wow!
Davie: Love the reflection on Loch Shiel. (But I had a hard time between that yin and the first yin of the wee waterfall.)
Ralph: Sinopoah Sunrise. Fantastic shot.
Dave: Blackpool! Very cool retro style. I love that.
Dan: Follow Me. Weird and wonderful and creative. That is art in my opinion.
Hamish: Hannah on a Bridge. Dreamy and delightful image.
Adrian: The Two Ghouls (hope you don't mind that I gave it a name). Love the look you captured there.
Kev: L. What a Rorschach Test that fotie is! (I see an American bison, who's had his hair cut, emerging from an elephant's trunk with a black eyed night heron perched on his back--well,...I don't actually know if such a bird as a black eyed night heron actually exists, Kev, but it's what I see in yer fotie.)
Chris: The fotie of yer da. That is quite simply a cracker!

What a talented set we have on RPF!

God efter all these mine look pants in comparison :D :D

6101126188_b3e255e88e_b.jpg

Taken on one of me n Davie trips round the Highlands near Oban

5611919431_19a80096c0_b.jpg

A lonesome tree in the middle of the moor up near Dalwhinnie

5039691438_2ab25d2cce_b.jpg

Loch Earn at 6am one spring morning

5680617362_beede0cc22_b.jpg

and lastly a bit of an abstract for a change

i think you're cheating with the loch earn one Allan lolol

so much talent, I love you all in a very human way :)

Back