Bambrough Castle Seascape.

Glen Roberts

I've tried a couple of times to make something of this shot since I took it but still can't make my mind up what to do[banghead].

When I play with the colour version I can't get it right...
8630871237_c2d2204bd8_o.jpg

... and I'm not sure about B/W either:confused:.
8630871103_6ea394cdc8_o.jpg

Shot taken with Canon 400mm lens from the pier at Seahouses about 3 miles from the Castle.

I actually quite like those colours - looks retro and a little cross-processed :)

Colour version gets my vote, it looks like an epic seascape oil painting you would see in the national gallery, I think its the greens are slightly darker, it just looks all in all a much 'richer' looking image with a great cloudscape behind. You could quite easily make that colour image into a postcard as it looks like a timeless image.

the castle feels like the point of interest in this image and sorta blends in the background in the color version. i think the background needs more contrast, it looks hazy and warm. really like the comp., the b&w version looks pretty good, but i prefer the color version too.

I like the colour version better, was also going to say it looks kind of cross processed, also love the warm hazey feeling around the castle - works for me

Thanks for the comments everyone much appreciated.
The hazy appearance of the castle could be from the distance through the bright hazy sunshine.

Last edited:
I love the colour version, it's much more dynamic in a retro kind of way. Although... the sea looks fantastic in the b&w version

The color version is a stunner, Glen. It looks like a painting. I hate to encourage too much photo manipulation but I'd be tempted to remove the people; they actually detract from the image for me. But great shot either way!

The color version does have a dreamy, painterly look to it

Back