CamRanger WIFI kit

Andy Boardman

Trade Member: Bob Rigby Photographic
We have taken delivery of this brilliant new bit of kit for all DSLR users from Canon & Nikon, the CamRanger.
With an operating range of up to 150ft, the CamRanger provides a huge amount of control and flexibility over your DSLR camera and allows you to see the live view image when your camera is placed in remote locations such as bird hides, surveillance or Pole Aerial Photography applications, and is ideally suited to the world of Macro Photography with its touch focussing feature and fine focus control.

camrangerdevice1.jpeg

Whether you are looking for a stills or video solution, CamRanger is hugely flexible allowing you to capture and view great images or footage from a distance. For Macro photography the touch screen focus facility gives amazing control that can be fine tuned with manual focus adjustment, all via your iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) screen and a great Focus Stacking feature will help create ideal images for editing in your Focus Stacking application to create huge depth of focus.

Where exposure control is important, you can adjust your settings via the touch screen and add exposure compensation if required. To create jaw dropping scenes with huge Dynamic range an HDR Bracketing feature is built in to control your exposures perfectly, ready for editing in your HDR application.

As time passes and the light changes, adjustments to the White Balance can be made remotely to create that perfect image.

The iOS application not only gives you a Live view of what your camera sees, but also the capability to view, download and delete images that are on your cameras memory card – all remotely and wirelessly. If you would like to view images in more detail then you can zoom into the full resolution of the JPEG file and Canon RAW format images to fully check exposure and composition. This can also be especially useful where you want to shoot images in a studio or location environment where the artistic director can see images as they are being shot – all completely wirelessly.

The CamRanger device is about the size of an iPhone and is powered by a rechargeable, replaceable battery. Its size and portability allows CamRanger to be used in a variety of settings and it does not need any wireless networks to operate as it creates its own virtual network to communicate wirelessly with the app installed on your Apple iOS device.
More info still on our website at this link CamRanger | Features | Bob Rigby Photographic Limited

Hope it is of some interest to you all, give me a call if I can help further, we can do a demo here at base on our I Pad or bring your own along, other OS will be covered in time.
Cheers
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah! I wanted this when it was speculated, but only for the wifi download and instant preview feature, ended up buying a wifi transcend card. Gutted.

Cheers Pete, there is a link to our site with the info on as well, only a few select dealers handleing this item in the UK & we are one of them proud to say !
It really is brilliant & you have total control of Nikon cameras.

- - - Updated - - -

Gah! I wanted this when it was speculated, but only for the wifi download and instant preview feature, ended up buying a wifi transcend card. Gutted.
Not a full replacement for the wifi card but will do a hell of a lot more as it lets you take control of the camera & adjust settings with out touching it,on a Nikon you can even change modes so very advanced that way, ideal for mast photography.

Back