Canon 550D

Congratulations Dave, welcome to club Canon :D i hope your like your new purchase & look forwards to seeing some shots soon

If you need any pointers maybe us fellow canon users could help out if need be but i am sure you will be fine

If you bought new do you know about the current canon cash back offers ??

Daz

Congratulations Dave, welcome to club Canon :D i hope your like your new purchase & look forwards to seeing some shots soon

If you need any pointers maybe us fellow canon users could help out if need be but i am sure you will be fine

If you bought new do you know about the current canon cash back offers ??

Daz

the picture quality seems really good so far but haven't tried the video function yet. It is new yeah and the cashback I admot was an incentive :)

i am sure you will learn to love it :)

Congrats!

L lenses - stay away from them - they drain your bank account :D

i listed the Oly on ebay last night and it was gone within an hour :)

now i'm looking for accessories for the canon, any recommendations ?

You thinking things like batteries and such, or lenses?

not batteries, so far i've ordered... battery grip, lens hood,screen protector,spare batteries and big sdxc card ... so is there any other must haves I should be looking for ?

Remote release would be on my list - or maybe the interval timer (or the cheap swag Chinese version)

Believe it's the Remote Switch RS-60E3 for the 550D remote release

Canon RS-60E3 Remote switch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Also a CPL, ND Grad and maybe an ND or three - if you don;t have them already for the right lens size

Remote release would be on my list - or maybe the interval timer (or the cheap swag Chinese version)

Believe it's the Remote Switch RS-60E3 for the 550D remote release

Canon RS-60E3 Remote switch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Also a CPL, ND Grad and maybe an ND or three - if you don;t have them already for the right lens size

I was looking at a new CPL as for the life of me I can't find mine, still have my ND filters, the ND Grad, now thats a thought cos I sold mine with an old camera :) thank you

Battery grip's are great IMO but i have big hands so they really do help make the camera better to hold & use, they do make camera bigger & heavier though. I also love the extra shutter buttons how it makes it easier to take when in portrait orientation

I recommend the cokin square filter system ND filters & Graduated ND & if that helps, non canon specific though :)

so what lens do you have at the mo then? I agree with Chris stay away from the L lens, they are the best money can buy however very expensive & they certainly do empty you bank account pretty quickly, i learnt the hard way :D

Daz

Battery grip's are great IMO but i have big hands so they really do help make the camera better to hold & use, they do make camera bigger & heavier though. I also love the extra shutter buttons how it makes it easier to take when in portrait orientation

I recommend the cokin square filter system ND filters & Graduated ND & if that helps, non canon specific though :)

so what lens do you have at the mo then? I agree with Chris stay away from the L lens, they are the best money can buy however very expensive & they certainly do empty you bank account pretty quickly, i learnt the hard way :D

Daz

at the mo I have an 18-55mm and a 55-250mm and i've just ordered a new cokin system after selling my old one

I was going to suggest the remote shutter but Chris beat me to it. I have the same one suggested and it works a treat and it's cheap. The only problem is the cable is a bit short so if you want to be in frame (family portrait maybe?) you'll have to use timed shutter and run;):D.

ordered one Glen :) ... i'm toying with getting the samyang 8mm lens, any reviews?

Back