Canon AE-1, Ilford HP5...and Nik Silver

Thanks, ahmad. But to be honest, they looked poor without some digital enhancing. I really have grown to love mixing film and digital techniques - it's not a case of one being superior to the other: they can be complementary.

I take that back about digital cameras as a whole. As there are a few digital cameras from the early years that give the decisive moment feel of film.
For me particularly Sigma SD9 as it had approx 11sec raw write to CF card (could only write raw), so it was even worse than film in that sense as had to get it right first time. The 1.8" screen was only good for changing menu options, only way to know if took a decent photo was at home on the computer, iso100 really (even though it went to iso400) so was as carrying just one type of film. Aperture priority, Program invariably got exposure wrong so i always used fully manual.

I suppose for all these reasons SD9 is my fave digital camera as it did give me the once shot chance "decisive moment" of film.. Also ofcourse the results were quite organic.

Back