Canon Ink...

Douglas McMann

Can anyone suggest a decent purveyor of ink for a Canon Pixma printer....?

It seems to be getting sooooooo expensive.

Dougie.

Thanks Dave...its the Canon PIXMA iP6700D...uses 6 ink tanks, with the Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta costing an arm and a leg...(well as far as I'm concerned )...

I just wondered if anyone here had a
preferred supplier....

you could always go compatible but you take the risk of the inks not being great ... i'm buying the Pro100 (or Pro10) and the inks for that are gonna be horrendous

you could always go compatible but you take the risk of the inks not being great ... i'm buying the Pro100 (or Pro10) and the inks for that are gonna be horrendous

Davie,

Isn't A3 paper white expensive too...????

Davie,

Isn't A3 paper white expensive too...????

erm kinda yeah, at the moment i use Innova Fine Art Range - soft textured natural white. it adds to the painterly style and comes in at £60 for 50 sheets

Another option if available is refillable ink cartridges, Marrutt do these too. You just pop off the rubber stopper and squirt more ink in using the supplied syringes. These will be a bit easier to maintain than a CISS.

i still can't decide between the pigment inked pro 10 or the dye based pro 100

My preference is pigment-based. I know the dye systems have improved a lot over the years but I had a lot of problems with colour shifts over time from dye-based in the past. I also don't have much faith in the methods they use for estimating durability. It's too easy to tweak them. So pigment-based makes more sense and so far I have been impressed with their versatility regards type of paper (not that I have used that many).

My preference is pigment-based. I know the dye systems have improved a lot over the years but I had a lot of problems with colour shifts over time from dye-based in the past. I also don't have much faith in the methods they use for estimating durability. It's too easy to tweak them. So pigment-based makes more sense and so far I have been impressed with their versatility regards type of paper (not that I have used that many).

thanks for that Pete, that would be a vote in the Pro 10 column which is meant to be an excellent printer indeed

I find that dye based inks while having a larger gamut tend can to be a bit OTT. Great impact but after a while the image can seem a bit too vibrant. Although I suspect this would also have something to do a the PP as well. You can still get odd stuff happen with pigment ink though such as gloss differential (some parts matt, others not so) and bronzing (slight metallic sheen under certain angles and lights.

Back