F/S Canon P 35mm Film Rangefinder Camera ** A+ **

Nathan Wright

For sale is the camera that got me into meter less film photography. Being 34, I started with something like a Nikon FE, always relying on a match needle or something. The P I got when the FE's battery went out once on a trip and silly Nathan didn't pack a second.

Anyway, it has been certified A+ shape by Kamera no Kitamura (a large used and new camera shop in Japan), in Kyoto. Cosmetic blemishes are limited to very light brushing of the steel chassis and parts of both the "MADE IN" and "Canon" text having gone to silver after the black pain wore away.

The curtain, which often is wrinkled, is straight and wrinkle-free. All modes work including X, B, and timer and the dials and shutter cock are perfect. Aside from the above-mentioned cosmetic blemishes, it is as immaculate as a 1957 camera can be.

Shipped Airmail (including PP fees) for 250$ USD.
Shipped Expedited (EMS including PP fees) for 265$ USD.

Reasonable offers accepted.

EDIT: I should mention that the optics are very clean, though less sharp than they were 60 years ago. I've had no problem using the ) with the following lenses:

35/2 Canon LTM
50/1,4 Canon LTM
10,5/2,5 Nikon LTM

Of course, a 50/1,4 at 1,4 isn't as accurate as it would be through the beautiful rangefinder of the M3. But then again, the P's finder is 1:1 and wide, down to 35mm.

I will ship from Chiba (near Tokyo) and accept only Paypal +3% for fees.Canon-P-3.jpgCanon-P-1.jpg Canon-P-5.jpg Canon-P-6.jpg

Attachments

• Canon-P-5.jpg
    Canon-P-5.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Canon-P-5.jpg
    Canon-P-5.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
no no no ... dont do that Pete ...

Whats the RF patch like Nathan ...
the thing I like the idea of is a 1:1 rf, the advantage for focusing longer lenses etc ... but if im gonna do it, I want the advantage to be clear, ie. a clear rf patch ... ... oh ... I cant believe I am even considering this!

The RF patch is as clear as is a new P. The glass has taken on a slightly yellow tinge over the years, but only slightly. I have a number of range finder cameras of the same vintage or newer and this is by far the clearest. I tested it next to some other P's as well. Overall, P holds its optical clarity very well, but again, this one is rather a gem.

It's like watching a shark circling with blood in the water! :D

Lovely looking camera Nathan - if I hadn't just emptied my vintage camera piggybank, I'd be nipping in and beating H to the BUY IT NOW! :)

I'm struggling to find the cash after realising I have a load of eBay fees to pay ...
If anyone does want to jump in and grab this camera, I won't hold it against you! :)

Back