• E Type.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Ears!.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Horn.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Sphinx.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 7
I'm not a car fanatic, as Brian will have noticed, but there are some classic cars that deserve a second glance. I remember seeing one of these when I was very young, just over half a century ago, and being hugely impressed at how different it looked from the other cars I had seen. Anyway, thanks for bringing back a memory, Chris.

So, who has changed the upload format here? I tried to upload something yesterday, and thought there was something wrong, so deleted it. Is this a temporary change or permanent?

Generally speaking, I detest cars as much as many people love them. However, I do love a sumptuous curve!
Glad to help bring those thoughts back for you Rob.

Not having the ability to walk these days I now like cars more than I ever did. Handy to go down the road for shopping or see a friend. But yes they don't make cars like they used to, or this one , the character is hidden, plus side, much more reliable these days.

The above images were digital and of British cars.
The following, from the same event, were taken with film and are (mostly) of American cars.

Dodge.JPG

Eighty Eight.JPG

Royal.JPG

Tail Light.JPG

Tail Light 2.JPG Citroen.JPG

Absolutely!

What a fine set of sets, Chris. Love the soft curves and the way you have handled the highlights. And I like the distinction between the British and American classics rendered by the use of digital for one and film for the other. In some ways it makes the American cars seem less 'present day' or real if you see what I mean. Interesting and effective.

Thanks Pete.
I have to say that I am really, really pleased with the results from the film camera from this event. Some of the best and most consistently good images I have had from a roll of film in a very long time. Perhaps ever.

Back