Critique Welcomed Celestial Fireball Illuminates Beachside Wedding Photo

Brian Moore

Here's one from some years ago that the link had broken on. So I restored the link.

I actually snapped this image a couple of years ago but I kept it under wraps so as not to alarm the public at large.

Anyway, I was walking Sadie along the beach one day and there was a wedding going on and the official photographer had posed a couple for a shot. I had in my pocket my Vivitar PN2011 toy camera, the one with the flipped lens, so I figured I'd snap a picture of the photographer at work.

Just at the moment I pulled the trigger a celestial fireball streaked overhead, illuminating the landscape most vividly. I didn't realize I had captured it on film until after I got the pictures developed. But I am glad I got a record of the event for posterity.

To the best of my knowledge no one was injured and I assume the celestial fireball crashed harmlessly into the Pacific Ocean.

(Remarkably--or perhaps not!--the mainstream media failed to report on the phenomena.)

Walgreen's (re-branded Fuji) 200 ASA film.

Last edited:
Run for the hills!

Brilliant - glad you haven't lost your knack of capturing these rare phenomenons

Shocking how these events go unreported by the regular press corps, other that is for the one that narrowly missed earth last week by some million miles or there abouts.....you need to get your uploads in on dealine in he future haha

Another fine example of public service image making. And you can see that the lady can clearly corroborate your account as she has turned her head to look at the fireball. That is of course if THEY haven't got to by now. :eek:
So clearly, Pete, I wasn't the only one who noticed the phenomena. But where is she now,...?o_O Why hasn't she come forth,...?o_O It's quite the mystery, Pete. (Or is it,...?o_O)

Shocking how these events go unreported by the regular press corps, other that is for the one that narrowly missed earth last week by some million miles or there abouts.....you need to get your uploads in on dealine in he future haha
I have to be very careful when and for whom I upload such images, Kev. I am circumspect on this matter, and ultra cautious, lest I invite attention to my efforts from certain levels of government and the media whose bailiwick is to suppress the truth at all costs. I'm sure you understand, Kev....:cool:

I like how it is already bending the lamp post - very powerful. I'm amazed you and your mutt survived...
The shock wave was tremendous, Rob. The lamp post proves it. However, no need for amazement relative to our survival; Sadie and I are nothing if not hardy, and we just get on with things.

Back